Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Back Strengthening for Scoliosis

DarkEyes
DarkEyes
United States
2011/01/14, 03:37 PM
I have scoliosis, although the curve isn't the worst in the world. I have been fairly active (mostly cardio for an hour a day three to four times a week, and twice daily walks with my dogs) until I started experiencing flare ups on my back, mainly the rib cage area several weeks ago. The flare-ups have gone down although they are still there. I am waiting to see an Osteopathic doctor later this month to try some manipulative therapy. However, thanks to the timing of the flare-ups and loss of activity over the holidays, I have gotten FAT!!! Does anyone know a daily routine/ workouts besides stretching that would be great for people who have scoliosis?
DamienMearns
DamienMearns
United Kingdom
2011/01/16, 07:01 PM
Hi DarkEyes,
If you've got Scoliosis then you need to be getting Theraflex - it's a super advanced back thing from the UK.
But you can get it in the USA as well. Do a 'You Tube' search to see what it looks like.
If you can't get a local therapist/doc who has one then ask/pester/demand them to get one for you.
Also on the Facebook Group "Scoliosis Cures and Pain Relief", as well as before and after pics there are links to exercises that enhance Theraflex with and without an Inversion Table