Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Is this workout okay?

Mozi
Mozi
United States
2010/09/24, 06:45 AM
I am nearly 60 years of age and for most of my life have been very fit. However I had ballooned, literally, up to 235lbs. About 3 years ago I lost 55lbs with a exercise program of bands, dumbbells, use of body weight and light running (2 miles(+/-). Today I am exercising about 5 days a week with two days rest inserted inside this routine. I begin with the elliptical for 1 1/2 mile and move directly to a kettle bell routine and try to keep it fast paced with high repetitions, back to the elliptical for a half mile sprint, a 60 year old sprint, back to kettle bell, back to elliptical for half mile sprint, to nautilus light weight high reps upper body routine- shoulders, back, chest. again this is two sets very fast paced with high repetitions. I am making an effort to maintain an elevated heart rate. The elliptical gives my upper body rest in between. My question is, am I over working my muscles? I have no real soreness from over exertion. I would like to get to 185lb. at 5'-9" and be defined but not big. I used to be a martial artist. What can you help me with regarding my workout?