Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Can You Analyze My Plan And Give Ideas?

ashantieaton
ashantieaton
United Kingdom
2010/08/07, 04:27 PM

I've been a freetrainer member for ages and I love the site. I've not been on as much as I picked up a rocking iphone app that let me take the excercises from the fitness plan with me to the gym (GymGoal) its called.

Anyways, I'm 5'10" 188 pounds, I'm guessing about 10 pounds overweight. I've only got a bit of flab directly around my mid to lower abs, but have a generally fit appearance.

I'm going to the gym 5-6x per weeks. I find I have minimal patience so I started doing just 3 sets of one muscle group (i.e. biceps) + 2 sets of abs + 45 minutes of cardio (at the end) in each of the 5 days i go. I'm trying to get to the gym everyday just to keep up the habit and on the 6th and 7th day I'll just do 45 minutes of cardio.

I've done this routine religiously the last month but I'm not noticing my waist line slimming down very much. I think I'm building up my abs behind the fat but the fat isn't burning off like I thought it would and my weight has stayed the same the entire time. I'm definitely stronger so it could mean I'm burning fat and building muscle.

What is the communities thoughts on my regimen?

Nutrition wise I am finding it really difficult. I almost never eat more than 2500 calories a day. I tend to sit around 2000 and I've noticed that the fat is really high. Not from fried foods or anything but things like the olive oil i cook with. I tend to prepare all my meals but can't seem to get anywhere close to the 32g of fat maximum that the freetrainer site recommends unless i just eat chicken and salad basically. From tracking my diet I tend to sit between 50-60g of fat, with maybe 15-20g saturated and the rest unsaturated or mono fats (i love unsalted cashews and avacadoes) How is this effecting my fat/weight loss?