Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

what should I do?

iron93675
iron93675
United States
2010/07/29, 01:42 PM
I have been reading around the site and I am a little confused. I have been pretty inactive and am overweight. I am about 188lbs at 5'6" and according to most bmi calculators I have a bmi of 30. I figured that because I was so inactive that if I started to exercise I would start to lose the fat and become more lean and healthy. I started working out about a week ago and have lost 2lbs and my measurements for my thighs and breasts are slightly smaller but my stomach is actually bigger as are my upper arms. I like most that are overweight have extra fat a little bit of everywhere but my main fat storage places are my tummy(around where my belly button is) and my inner thighs. I thought that if I did cardio for about 30 minutes every morning( 30 minute home work out videos labeled weight loss, cardio, and slim down) that I could lose the excess body fat and maybe be able to wear a bikini. I have had one child only 9 months ago which helps add on the belly fat. Now my question and where I am confused is am I doing the right thing by doing cardio/slight weight training every morning or should I be doing something else? Any pointers about how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.
2010/08/12, 06:32 PM
Weight loss is not easy and everyone loses weight differently. You have lost 2 lbs in a week which is great, keep going. Remember it took years to get to the weight you are at and it will take time to get back to where you want to be.

I personnally found that I lost weight from top to bottom, face, neck then chest, back onto the stomach and legs which is the area that wants no part of weight loss for me.

You mention Cardio, cardio works our lungs and respitory system, I would suggest that you try to incorporate some weights, strength building, into your workouts as this will build muscle and thus help in the fat burning, FT has a great home workout if you don't have free weights or machines available.

Good luck and remember we are all here to help.

--------------
madmama

It may be difficult but it is possible