Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

New to working out. Need HELP!

tabuchid
tabuchid
United States
2010/06/07, 12:06 PM
I am 36 and have never worked out in my life. I just paid to join a local Gym, but cant afford a personal trainer. I dont know how to use any of the equipment, but I can figure that out. I am looking for help in puting together a work regimen for me to follow. I am dedicating 6 days a week to work out. I am looking to work my abdominals into a 6 pack and add muslce to my arms and chest. I am 5'7", 185lbs. I am told my fat percentage is 30%.
bamaman
bamaman
United States
2010/07/09, 06:47 PM
When i first introduced into weight training about a year ago it was hard but it got easier. To begin with if you want to workout your chest and arms began with the bench press. Do two sets of 12 with weight you feel comfortable with then increase the weight for your third and fourth set but only do 10 reps for both sets. Repeat this same method for doing the incline press. Once you are done with this you can do tricep extensions. Grab a 35 lb plate raise it above your head then bend your elbows backwardS untill u touch your back then raise the weight back up. Do this for 4 sets of 10 reps. Then follow up with some dips, as many as you can do untill you burn out . You will be really soar but that means it is workin. If this helps tell me because i have other tips
big_j_scf
big_j_scf
United States
2010/07/15, 11:49 PM
Just so you know, no amount of ab work will give you abs. It's all about bodyfat. The most important thing you can do is get your diet in check.

--------------
All American EFX \"Natural Freak\"
http://www.aaefx.com

AAEFX Sponsored Natural Bodybuilder
bamaman
bamaman
United States
2010/07/16, 01:39 PM
This is true. A good cardiovascular workout is what you need before you do your regular workout. You could run or if you like tennis like i do you could do that. Anything where you are constantly movin is a good cardio workout

--------------
Bamaman