Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Insanity/P90X thoughts?

rcharles066
rcharles066
United States
2010/06/03, 04:47 PM
Hey guys, I have a hard time following any type of routine. If I ended up getting either Insanity or P90X I know I would follow the program, what's all your thoughts on these two products?
2010/06/04, 07:16 AM
This are some high intensity conditioning programs that do produce results in the short term for sedentary individuals if you're willing to do as they ask and alter your nutrition accordingly on top.

If your goal is long term progress then these programs lack structure.
stacytbb
stacytbb
United States
2010/06/05, 09:26 PM
Both are excellent products. If you follow the program and included eating guide, you will see results. Insanity is more cardio; P90X is a bit more for building muscle, but definitely can help with weight loss, too.
mtriny
mtriny
Puerto Rico
2010/08/11, 01:01 PM
I am currently in my last week of Insanity. I was expecting the crazy results they promisse but what i got is improved cardio conditioning and improved strength meaning if i flex i see it. No one else sees any change, i'd have to be in a bathing suit and flexing in order for people to notice. I also have to say that i've always worked out consistantly and I wasn't big to begin with but i wanted to look toned and shed some inches wich i maybe lost 1/2 an inch off my legs wich makes me furious after all that time and hard work i put into this. My eating is on point so that wasn't the problem. Maybe i reached my limit. I've also done P90x but thats weight training and my thought on that is that the more you "pump" the bigger slave you become. You stop the weights for 2 weeks and then you look like a fluffy mess. I grew up in sports, my father is a Tae Kwon Do Grand master 9th degree he has an amazing body, (he's almost 60 now) and has never lifted weights. Push ups, plyo, ab work, healthy diet and cardio is all you need to get toned. I guess all that hype about Insanity made me expect to get crazy toned. It's different for everybody and I do recomend Insanity to everyone but just have realistic expectations.:)