Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Help, can't lose the weight

yazmama
yazmama
United States
2010/04/28, 10:05 AM
I'm new to this group and need some help fast! I've been watching my caloric intake (I average 1000-1200/day) and exercise for 30-50 min a day (I am partially disabled and on oxygen 24/7 so I do what I can). I've been told that at my age (56) I have virtually no metabolism and this is my problem but I really don't buy that. Any advice?
Kristenmickel
Kristenmickel
United States
2010/04/30, 08:18 AM
Weight Loss is the procedure of losing body weight, regularly by losing fat. To attain healthy weight loss, most experts suggest a mixture of healthy eating pattern and habitual physical exercise. I learned of a new super food called Acai Berry that is used for weight loss. Acai berries contain fiber which helps move food through your digestive tract. It is not a miracle diet pill but it is a super rich antioxidant that will help support you in your weight loss goals.
You can also try the following..
Reduce fat,
Don?t be so sweet,
Drink up,
Fill up on fiber.
I recommend you what worked for me...hope you will also get help from this..

--------------
http://www.usonlinerx.net/en/item/acai.html
2010/05/02, 09:07 PM
Are you using a calorie tracking website? If not try myfitnesspal.com.

Also DO NOT go below 1200 calories a day and because you are exercising you should probably add a few more. If you don't consume enough calories your body basically holds onto everything it can because it thinks it is starving.

I will unfortunately have to say don't buy into fads as they normally get disproven. Eat healthy foods in apropriate portions and exercise is the only real way to reach a weight loss goal.

--------------
madmama

It may be difficult but it is possible
kellybabex
kellybabex
United States
2010/05/24, 04:47 AM
hii.
i cant lose weight at the moment.
i hate being fat .. help i need some tips :big_smile:

--------------
Kharvey
wildfern
wildfern
United States
2010/05/25, 11:19 AM
I agree that there is no substitute for sound eating and exercise. I personally feel that 1200 calories a day when you are working out is not enough. It's scary to add more; but if you add quality proteins and carbs you will feel better and be able to do more. Metabolism can be corrected with enough time and focus
SilAngel409
SilAngel409
United States
2010/09/12, 07:50 PM
yaz, there are a lot of different ways of losing weight, maybe you are on a standstill. Get out of your routine and start looking out for the reactions some foods have on you. It may not be what you are doing more than what you are not doing. I am a sweets person myself, and I found that if you eat your normal portion and you have an apple sliced with a little caramel on top, it satisfies your craving for more food and also it helps with giving you a booster back for your normal routine, combine a litte bit of both. Regular foods and natural sweets. Once this has helped go back to your regular routine.