Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

I need a pro-muscle anti-fat diet.

froshman
froshman
United States
2010/03/27, 05:47 PM
I wanna build up a bit of lean muscle, and burn all the excess fat. I need the pro-muscle anti-fat diet. I know this site preaches diet over supplements (which is great!). Can someone gimme a sample diet? I'm 215-18% bf. Ideally I'd like to stay the same weight (via some gains), but just lower my bf. Is that possible?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/03/29, 02:27 PM
2580 calories a day, cut out sugar and sodium from your diet. Add fiber. and of course cut the fats. Watch the fruits that you eat also.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
froshman
froshman
United States
2010/03/29, 03:27 PM
Thanks, carivan.

I sodium really that big a deal? I eat canned fish and stuff, which is a good source of protein and is supposedly healthy for you. I also use sea salt as a seasoning.

Cut out the sugar- check!
Add fiber- check!

Cut out fats- how much so? I eat fish and have a tablespoon or two of peanut butter a day, in addition to olive oil and vinegar as a dressing. I don't consume high amounts of saturated or trans fats.

Watch the fruits- OK. I know berries are good. How bout apples? Or bananas pre or post workout?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/03/29, 05:05 PM
The sodium in the canned fish is not a big deal, it's whats in the other products we consume. Try to avoid it as it makes us retain water and also can raise BP levels. Seasalt is great, it's tastier and hasn't been processed like table salt so there is still some nutrients left in the sea salt.
Fats, it all comes down to the calories good or bad the good ones are still calories. Have the apple but they contain a lot of sugar, which is hiding in a lot of our foods, especially processed. Watch for things ending with "ose" and syrups. I fell into a trap and was eating five a day at one point, I couldn't figure why the gain, then realized. An apple a day keeps the doc away, but more, I dunno!
Stick with the berries and citrus. Bananas are great but not two.
The citrus will help increase your fiber automatically.
Hope this helps.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)