Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Diet and Five + Meals a Day

drubacca_df
drubacca_df
United States
2010/03/04, 12:09 PM
Heya ft Community! I am looking for a little advice on dieting and my 5 meals a day...

My nutrition profile tells me to eat almost 2900 calories a day. This should be very easy to spread out over 5 meals a day, but I am having trouble even breaking the 2,000 calorie mark! Here is my daily routine so far....

Meal 1: N.O. Explode, Hydroxy Hardcaore, Protien Shake (about an hour after other sups, about 15 mins before workout)

Meal 2: Protien Shake (within 30 mins of workout usually) and 2 packets of Quaker oatmeal

Meal 3: Large can of Solid White Albacore with horseradish mustard (10 oz worth of tuna) and multivitamin (more hydroxy cut either before this or after)

Meal 4: Dinner, usually steak / chicken / ground turkey / pasta, a vegetable and a roll / bread

Meal 5: Generally a snack like fruit (apples and peanut butter is a fave) or a slice of bread with peanut butter, or snackable veggies.

With all of that I am failing to meet even 2,000 calories a day (according to calorie tracker), and worse yet, I am finding it more and more difficult to even eat that much in a day! I am even adding the things I use to cook my food in, like olive oil, Country Crock, even salt and pepper to the calorie tracker!

Can anyone offer any advice on how I can boost my calories or even expand my appetite to choke those meals down? By the end of meal 2 or 3 I am so full that I almost feel like throwing up!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2010/03/05, 01:16 PM
For starters, drop the supplemments completely. You're wasting your money for what you are trying to achieve. For weight loss, try staying right around the 2000-2300 calorie a day mark, and continue with the exercise routines. Instead of the protein shake, try some eggs with your morning meal. Add some carbs in with lunch. Maybe some whole grain crackers to go with that tuna.
drubacca_df
drubacca_df
United States
2010/03/05, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the reply R-Plex!

I have started weening myself off the sups, although even if I am not getting anything from the N.O. Xplode, I like the way it makes me feel at 0500 when I wake up to head to the gym / work. I figured that might be what was screwing with my stomach though. I will give it a whirl and see how it goes. I figured the protien powder would help with muscle recovery and the such, but I can scale that back too (I was drinking two 50 gram shakes a day...).

Thanks again for the advice!
senorita_dlhh
senorita_dlhh
United States
2010/06/22, 11:20 AM

There is a great book called "The Testoterone Advantage Diet" that has full menus for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks 7 days a week. Each set of menus is planned according to whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain weight, or bodybuild. The food is EXCELLENT and they provide you with a complete grocery list for each diet plan. I originally bought it for my husband, but the recipes work for me and our kids too; we just eat the smaller portion size. It has been a lifesaver!