Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Stomache Fat Loss

BGraham91
BGraham91
United States
2010/02/25, 08:54 PM
I've been working out for around 6 months now. 3-4 days a week cardio and weight training. I've dropped 20lbs since then and gained alot of definition in my arms, legs, and back. But the whole stomache/chest area almost looks untouched and it's really annoying. I don't really know why this is but I concentrate on my chest workouts every week, do a little bit of abs every workout but have yet to see progress. It's very clear the changes in everything else just can't seem to shake it!

Any exercises I should focus on for this specifically? Help is appreciated.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/02/25, 09:41 PM
What are you doing for your chest? Diet is the biggest part of what you are trying to achieve. It's the first place we gain and the last place to lose fat. Keep at it and again look at your diet.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
BGraham91
BGraham91
United States
2010/02/25, 11:21 PM
I don't have a real good idea of my diet plan to be perfectly honest. I've recently cut out fast food and soda completely and have 4-5 small meals a day some of which are just a protein bar or drink. Before I started working out I really ate a ton of junk but been really watching what I ate the past couple months. I could really use some sort of meal plan though I'm a little lost in that department.

As far as my chest workout I usually do incline and decline bench (usually just 2 out of those 3 each chest workout) on the Smith, DB bench on a flat bench, flyes, then the chest press machine. Abs I don't have a ton I do really just sit-ups and leg lifts or whatever their proper name is.
BGraham91
BGraham91
United States
2010/02/25, 11:22 PM
I meant flat, incline, and decline (usually just 2 out of those 3)...left out flat on accident.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/02/26, 12:35 AM
Sounds like your diet needs some improvement.

!- Scrap the protein bars too much additives and sugar. They are good in an emergency situation, but not as a meal replacement.
Stick to protein from real foods.
2-Between your meals have healthy snacks, such as fruits and nuts.
3-Make sure you are consuming protein and fiber at every meal along with complex carbs, and healthy fats.

Hope this helps. If you need more info you can email me on here.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
BGraham91
BGraham91
United States
2010/02/26, 07:13 PM
Alright thanks for the help.