Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Questions about workout routine

ufo_10
ufo_10
Canada
2010/02/09, 06:57 AM
If i'm training a muscle group 2 times a week on a 4 day split should it be the same exercise or a different one

example
Monday: squats Thursday: squats
or
Monday: squats Thursday: deadlifts next week same thing

One of my main problems is whether i should train squats and deadlifts in the same day? Is it too much do both in the same day?

and of course the other question is what i mentioned above and it applies to less complex systems as well

example

monday: lat pull down behind the neck Thursday: close grip lat pull down next week same pair

vs
monday: lat pull down thursday: lat pulldown

one more example

mon: bench press thurs. dips next week same thing

vs

mon dumbbell bench thurs. dumbbell bench

right now i'm doing the mixed up sets and i'm just wondering if i should focus one movement for 4-6 weeks like bench press and then after 4- 6 weeks switch to focusing on dips or another kind of press like with dumbbells press etc.

same goes with any muscle should one movement be the focus for a while and then be switch. Or does the variety help or just confuse and over complicate?
and can someone do heavy deadlifts and squats in the same day! this one is important. I really think i want to do this but i worry with these two since they are such big and critical lifts!

as you can see
i'm pretty confused! and in need of help