Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

need some help

nlicursi
nlicursi
Canada
2010/02/07, 02:52 PM
they say to eat 6 times a day but thats where i need help. i start work at 8 my first break is at 10 then i have my lunch at 12:30 then another break at 3 i finish work at 5 and get home by 5:30 at 7 i leave for the gym i get back at 9. i need help on what to eat and what times. what should i eat before the gym after the gym.i tryed alot of diets and they dont seem to work i must eat at wrong times or not the right amounts. i did alot of reading and there is so many different things.i wanted to go to a dietitian but its expensive. im 245lbs 44.6% of body fat and 40.3% of water and im only 27 so i need some help
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2010/02/21, 11:35 AM
6 times a day isn't set in stone. definitely have the big three, and find a little time for a snack here and there. The idea is that you are breaking your over-all calories up, and keeping your body constantly fueled. It's not a must, but it does keep your metabolism up.
thelovely21
thelovely21
Canada
2010/03/11, 11:58 PM
I have found that it all comes down to meal planning. I plan every meal/snack right down to the amount of nuts I'll be putting on my salad, at the beginning of every week. I've found planning is the key to not only assisting in my eating schedule but I have also saved money on groceries as I'm not wasting any food!

Sit down at the end of your week and write out the following week's meals & snacks. It may take an hour the first few times, but after you find a rhythm it will take no time at all-and you may find yourself just rotating the weeks once you find what works best for you. A typical day for me is the regular breakfast, lunch & dinner with 2-3 snacks in between.

As for some snack suggestions: have a banana and a handful of almonds. Mix organic peanut butter with fat free vanilla yogurt (ratio 1:2). It's truly amazing-tastes like peanut butter frosting. Have a few tblspoon's of that with an apple. Cut up a few peppers and munch on those if you're fading. Blueberries are also amazing. They're not only brain food but they're said to assist in weight loss. I realize they're a bit more expensive, but if you buy them frozen and put 1/2 cup in a tupperware container in the morning, by the afternoon they're defrosted and make a great snack to get through the last few hours of the workday. Another trick I've learned is that I'll put a serving of soup in my coffee mug about an hour before I leave the office, this helps to ensure I don't overeat at dinner. Try and avoid sauces on your anything-meat, vegtables etc. they're main ingredient is usually sugar.

Keep healthy, natural foods at your fingertips to avoid the vending machine; vegetables are your friend; drink lots of water and remember what's in your fridge is in your stomach.

Be creative, be natural and avoid processed sugars. That's the advice I have to offer-I hope it helps. :)

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/03/12, 11:21 AM
Great post!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)