Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Winter in Seoul

Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2010/01/10, 10:27 PM
This winter is one of the coldest I've seen. And I am finding myself in front of this computer more than I would like.. Can't do anything outside without busting my arse or freezing my toes off.. And the worst thing about it is my gym is outside in the open.. probably covered by snow haven't been there in the last month and a half..
So, I'm getting my exercise done here in the house.. only got 2 25lb. dumbbells.. for free weights.. The exercise is fine.. It's just later on in the day while at work I find myself yawning.. Bad thing about it is ,.,.it's happening in front of children. Around 3 to 4pm... My diet is still the same as always..
I think the reason is lack of vitamin D.. My skin is damn near ghost like. I don't get any sun at all.. Any suggestions?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2010/01/11, 11:57 AM
I can relate. I was for instance just in Paris for a while. It was miserably cold. Very difficult to get anything done.

It is very difficult and you get that feeling of missing and knowing you are not doing it.

This is a great example of home equipment helping out.(one note here is you 'recover' quite quickly if you are/were in shape much faster to your original fitness levels than someone who has never done much)

I would recommend some vit. D for sure, add some E and Beta Carotene along with fish oil. (all fat soluble, so makes sense to take them together) Take with breakfast for instance, some fats in your meal like egg yolk.

I would also recommend upping your B-complex intake.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2010/01/12, 11:04 PM
Thanks bb.. I need to go out and buy some more flaxseed.. Well for the egg yolks they are one of my best friends.. buying vitamins over here in korea can get expensive .. I guess it's got to be done I'll pick some up today after work for sure... I don't know about this working out in the house thing.. but I look more dried out.. and I'm not even trying to.
drubacca_df
drubacca_df
United States
2010/03/05, 10:08 AM
Ugh, Korean winters.... I grew up in Minnesota and even I think that Korean winters suck gorilla balls... not looking forward to going to Osan AB in Dec 2010. Judging from your pics Dave, I am going to assume you are not in the military serving in Korea, unless of course you are a DoD civilian. If you are not connected to the military, try and get an Army / Air Force buddy. It is of course against regulations to do this, but in theory they could buy stuf from the base BX / PX for you, costs would be relatively close to stateside. Again, it is against regs, but hey, if they will do it... :big_smile: