Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

wanting to over eat

almofear
almofear
United States
2009/12/01, 01:24 AM
So I have people (my mother and boyfriend) really trying to get me to not binge eat. They've been really helpful but now that I can't eat... all I think about is eating.

can anyone offer some advice okease?

--------------
Raef La
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2010/01/07, 04:55 PM
You have to get things in your life that take your mind off eating. Eating is something meant to do when hungry, not because something sounds good or you percieve yourself to be hungry. Training your mind to 'think' why you want to eat and realize that it is not because you are really hungry is all in your power. This almost spills over to a 'therapist' session, so it is up to you to do this.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2010/01/10, 09:24 PM
its not hard, just keep try-n and you will figure it all out for yourself (what works for you). perhaps your boyfriend is part of the problem??

============
Quoting from almofear:

So I have people (my mother and boyfriend) really trying to get me to not binge eat. They've been really helpful but now that I can't eat... all I think about is eating.

can anyone offer some advice okease?

=============

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
"The thing you have to realize is that you have to work for it,"
rivergirl3
rivergirl3
United States
2010/01/14, 04:45 PM
Have you been medically cleared by a doctor so that you know your binge eating is not r/t to a health issue (sleep apnea, hypothyroidism, etc.)?

If you believe in Oriental medicine (once you have been cleared by your MD), you may elicit an acupuncturist's advice to help determine something more subtle in your overall health that a western doctor may not be trained to find. For example when there is a "spleen deficiency" one tends to crave sugars.

Best of luck, don't give up!