Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Eatting Healthy on campus

im_itchy
im_itchy
Canada
2009/10/10, 10:37 PM
I started university last year, and since then I've gained quite a bit of weight. The problem is that I live on a small campus and I don't know the nutritional information and I have no control over the serving size. Does anyone have any advice on how to eat healthy on a campus when there is very little healthy food available? For the most part I avoid the chips, candy and the fast food, and now I'm avoiding the juice but does anyone have any advice?
wmajordan
wmajordan
United States
2009/10/12, 12:16 AM
First of all, the internet is a great source for nutritional information . You can find just about any food and the nutritional facts online with a simple search. Second, You may not have control over the serving size, but you can control how much you eat. It's tough but with a little research of the foods they serve, you should be able to figure out how much you can eat. Also, protein shakes are a great supplement. Once you figure out exactly what your goals are, people can steer you in the right direction. The people on this site are great and always willing to help!

--------------
--Bill

\"Give a man a fish, feed him for day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.\"
im_itchy
im_itchy
Canada
2009/10/12, 11:44 PM
Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it. The main problem is that I've asked around, and they don't have nutritional information, and the only caf there is at school only has 6 stations: a sandwich station, a stir-fry station, pizza, salad bar, culinary table and hamburges and fries. This leaves me with eating at the sald bar and the sandwich station, but that ges boring, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice to make foods healthier or any way to modify what I have access to. Thanks.
RodM1
RodM1
United States
2010/02/06, 04:32 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2010/02/08, 07:58 PM
Eating 'on campus' can be quite a difficult task. Portion size is the bottom line in many cases. I can speak first hand as I am in Peru right now and on a 'fixed' so to speak diet. They cook, and we eat it or we don't eat. Keeping portion sizes of anything no matter what it is is of utmost importance.

============
Quoting from im_itchy:

I started university last year, and since then I've gained quite a bit of weight. The problem is that I live on a small campus and I don't know the nutritional information and I have no control over the serving size. Does anyone have any advice on how to eat healthy on a campus when there is very little healthy food available? For the most part I avoid the chips, candy and the fast food, and now I'm avoiding the juice but does anyone have any advice?
=============

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer