Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

New to excercise-need help with pain!!

mcginnik17
mcginnik17
United States
2009/08/27, 10:34 PM
Hello
I am a 26 year old female, around 145 pounds and 5'6. I have just begun a workout routine at home, a mix of cardio and strength. Things like running in place, jump rope, plank work, abs and hand weights. I wanted to start small since I have never worked out before. My goal was to get to a point where I felt strong enough to go to the gym. I wanna lose weight.
Anyway, I worked out for 2 weeks on the lowest setting of this dvd I got. Real basic stuff, it gave me a run for my money and I was sore but not in any real pain. I figured it had a lot to do with starting a new workout and training my muscles.
After the initial 2 weeks I started the next phase which included a lot more plank work and really worked my ankles and knees. After the week, I realized that my ankles and knees were REALLY flared up, sore and it hurt to walk let alone jump or run. I pushed through it for a few more days but the pain was really bad. Both knees and both ankles were really sore and my sneakers didn't even fit right my ankles were so swollen.
I have NO idea what this is, could be or how to get rid of it. I stopped working out and after about 2 weeks the flare up went away and everything is back to normal.
I refuse to give up on workout out but this was scary and very painful. I need a few real solutions to this-supplements? What could this be? I have heard tendonitis or arthritis? I want to workout and lose weight! Please help!!! I am new and have no idea what to do!