Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Getting Started and Keeping Up

E.Waterman
E.Waterman
United States
2009/08/07, 06:01 PM
I always find myself starting myself on some diet or exercise program and at first it's great and I can't wait to start shedding some lbs. It's the keeping up with the program that's the hardest. Any motivational suggestions?

--------------
\\"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.\\" -Mark Twain
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/08/07, 09:53 PM
Whats there to keep up with? You have to just make it part of your lifestyle.
Its hard to make the change, I agree, but once the results show, you reap the rewards. Better health, more energy, and .....:big_smile:

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
bigjockhill
bigjockhill
United Kingdom
2009/08/08, 04:15 AM
carivan is right, you have to make a conscious decision to
change your eating habits, this will firstly make you feel a hell of a lot better and also give you tons more energy, which you will use up and in the process of using the excess energy up you will see results which will give you the springboard to keep going,
easy peasy :big_smile:
thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2009/08/08, 09:37 AM
I've always said that one of my biggest failures in this fight is the early signs of success, especially when people start complimenting me.
bigjockhill
bigjockhill
United Kingdom
2009/08/08, 07:11 PM
Yeah poohguy, i know what you mean, you do well for a few weeks and somebody tells you that you are looking better, and you get complacent and slack off, (just a wee bit because you deserve it) and the next thing you know is that you are half way down that bucket of fried chicken. but this is when you should read some posts on this site about others who have been in the exact same position, guys who have came out the other side, laughing in the face of fried chicken. :)