Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I HAVE A HUGE BELLY HELP!!!

princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/07/28, 11:55 PM
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LOSE MY BELLY FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW AND IT JUST WONT GO AWAY I REALLY NEED HELP SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I LOSE THIS ANNOYING BIG BELLY THAT'S STARTING TO HANG

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
MckennaWilson
MckennaWilson
New Zealand
2009/07/31, 05:41 AM
Hmm... when you have areas that just won't decrease in size no matter how much exercise you do, that is called stubborn fat! I have plenty of it myself so I know where you're at :)
One of the few ways to get rid of it is to reduce the amount of estrogen you consume. This means no more processed foods, sugar, grains, wheat, gluten. This means no more pre-packaged foods. It means doing away with as much plastic in your life as possible and eating plenty of cruciferous vegetables to cleanse your system of excess estrogen. It is hard work, but if you're wanting to get rid of it, you have to be prepared to do the hard yards!
princ3ssdany3ll
princ3ssdany3ll
United States
2009/08/02, 12:18 PM
thank u

--------------
PRiiNC3SS D@NY3LL<3
moonscapes
moonscapes
Canada
2010/02/13, 08:23 PM
I've always had tummy flab, no matter how thin I've been in the past. Today I'm considered obese and don't want to deal with the medical problems associated with having a big mid-section. That's where all of my weight goes when I gain weight. It's disappointing and daunting. Feels like I'll always be a big pear shaped woman lol. I'm new to the community and new to seriously wanting to lose weight again. I've done it in the past, but I was much younger then.

I hope that you've found something that works for you since you've posted this. If you have, please share the secrets you've found.

Thanks,
Kay
rivergirl3
rivergirl3
United States
2010/02/16, 10:03 AM
It is a DECREASE of estrogen that ADDS to the increase in belly fat. Lower estrogen levels may be partially responsible for the redistribution of fat to the belly area.
Hormones and heredity play a role in the distribution of fat as well.

As we age and our metabolism slows the amount of fat slowly increases and post menopause (hormonal response) our body fat distribution tends to shift to our abdomen.

Stress (mental, physical, etc.) related hormones have been linked to excessive fat storage around the abdominal area. This is a result of our sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and our "fight or flight" response, an instinct our ancestors were dependent on to survive.

What this means is that as women we need to maintain healthy diets and exercise levels especially as we age. Start now rather than later.

We can't spot reduce our belly fat but we can do abdominal exercises that tighten our bellies so that we feel better.

Don't let the fact that our bodies are subject to hormonal changes or genetics keep you from taking control. It is definitely more difficult as we age but not impossible.

All the best to you.