Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

USMC

youhaditcoming9
youhaditcoming9
United States
2009/07/18, 10:32 PM
I am a female who will soon join the Marines and head off to Parris Island for boot camp. Has anyone here been to the marines and can give me any advice on how to prepare physically? Do you have any good workouts or exercises I can work on? Any advice and tips is much appreciated- THANK YOU.
Grunt_82
Grunt_82
United States
2009/07/21, 11:38 PM
Run. Then when you are done running, you should run some more. Then when your body will not allow you to continue, run again.

Marine Corps bootcamp doesn't have "rest" days or anything like that, so it would be a good idea to be very fit before you ship out. They also have a wonderful habit of giving you all of your shots before the PT tests, so your whole body is sore just in time for the PFT.

You might want to throw in situps and the flexed-arm hang since you will be tested on those (I think). I highly recommend focusing on running. That was what I had the hardest time with when I was in, and it improved the slowest. I also got a lovely stress fracture in my right tibia due to not preparing myself for the running. You don't want to get injured in boot camp, believe me. Good luck to you!