Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

how to lose the babyweight fast.

zozolee
zozolee
United States
2009/06/30, 12:33 AM
hi my name is cindy ihave 5 children i want to loose the weight that i gain but is hard for me becos iam always cooking for the kids i gain weight on my fourth and fifth children they were a year apart. i have been going for walk everyday 45mins mon-fri.what i need is to know what to eat in the moning afternoon & evening and the time in between.thanks
ericajohnson
ericajohnson
United States
2009/06/30, 03:36 AM
my question is very similar to others. all the weight that i gain seems to go directly to my stomach and im not eating much. how do i get rid of the fat on my stomach?
GINNYLYNN
GINNYLYNN
United States
2010/02/04, 04:55 PM
iJUST HAD A BABY VIA C-SECTION I GAINED 55LBS NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF WORK OUT I CAN DO TO STRENGHTHEN THOSE MUSCLES.
tawni777
tawni777
United States
2010/02/05, 11:15 AM
i also just had a baby 7 months ago, still have the weight and hate it... I have been trying not to eat after 6:00p.m. I've heard that helps but I need to know a workout plan for my abdominals to get off the bellyfat
busymomheatlhw8
busymomheatlhw8
United States
2010/02/05, 11:38 AM
I'm no professional here, but I do know that losing baby weight is not a quick process. I have 8 children, and still have that extra 10 pounds hanging on. That is for my okay weight, I still have 20 to lose from just having babies in general.

I do know that as you get older, it takes longer to lose weight. My advice is to eat a simple bowl of rolled oats in the morning, skip the sugar and add fruit instead, add cinnamon to help you burn fat (yes! it helps! warms you up and speeds up your metabolism). For protein you can eat cottage cheese or eggs.

Make up a quick salad for lunch, add a slice of bread, a serving of meat, and a low calorie dressing (no more than 35 calories).

For snack, have something that will fill you up... popcorn or something low calorie (fruit & veggies)...

And eat a "normal" but portion controlled dinner... After eating like this all day, you can have the same thing you fix your family.

Tips:
1)Brush your teeth after EVERY meal.
2) Don't eat ANYTHING after 7 p.m.
3) Keep a food diary of EVeRYTHING you eat.
4) Exercise... if you don't have time, try jumping jacks or jumping on the trampoline, or something for 1 minute at the top of every hour during the day (even running up and down the stairs)... set the timer for this.
5) Do strength training, push-ups, crunches, squats, baby bicep curls (lifting baby instead of weights), etc.

Remember, if you want to get back to normal you have to MAKE time for exercise or you won't do it. Trust me, I know!

And the key here is diet + exercise... You will see a gradual change of your body and your mind (changing to, "I don't need that! TOO many calories!!! That is not in my budget!")

Hope this helps! I am in the same boat and am having to remind myself of these very things all over again (my daughter is 7 months now)...
busymomheatlhw8
busymomheatlhw8
United States
2010/02/05, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah, one more tip... get off the computer and get busy!!!!:big_smile:
busymomheatlhw8
busymomheatlhw8
United States
2010/02/05, 11:46 AM

============
Quoting from GINNYLYNN:

iJUST HAD A BABY VIA C-SECTION I GAINED 55LBS NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF WORK OUT I CAN DO TO STRENGHTHEN THOSE MUSCLES.
=============

First thing here is to make sure you are released from the dr. then start training those muscles. I would start out with a breathing technique that as you breathe out you hold in your stomach muscles, 10 times each hour. Then work up to more reps... but like I said before, I am not a professional and you want to make sure you are completely recovered from having that baby!
empressomega17
empressomega17
Trinidad And Tobago
2010/06/18, 01:03 PM
i am19yrs and i am 302 lbs, i just had a baby via c sectionand its hard for me to walk far and so. i have a lot of back pains and the doc told me i am obese