Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Switching from another program question

svetly
svetly
United Kingdom
2009/05/23, 08:09 PM
Hi all,

Just joined and I have a question. I have, so far, been going to the gym 3 times a week, doing one Body Pump class + 2 workout sessions. This has been working great and I've lost loads of weight (my goal is lean muscle body - not bodybuilding) but I've hit a weight stall and this is one of the reasons I joined - fancied a bit of change plus I want to push for better results.

I've completed my personal profile and the site generated the exercise program - I put I want to do 2 sessions a week (as I still want to keep my Body Pump class and I don't want to do more than 3 sessions in total per week). So far I've been doing all exercises on machines - 2 x 15 repetitions. The program the site generated states I should do 4 sessions with variable repetitions - do I go for it or do I amend the numbers - what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/23, 11:06 PM
Follow the plan. The first set is a warm up set, usually done with less weight then other sets. Then gradually add weight to the other sets 12-10-8.
The plan works when it is followed. Good luck and feel free to ask questions.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)