Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Midnight shift

onfireliku
onfireliku
United States
2009/05/13, 05:44 AM
Last year I lost 40lbs and now am stuck working midnights due to seniority, now on nights I have gained it all back. I work a wierd schedule 4 days a week 8hrs first day 12 hours 2nd day 8 hours 3 day and 12 hours 4th day, i am too tired to work at 7 am when I get off and never want to get early to work out before work . It is hard to the before thing cuz 2 days i go in at 11 pm and the other 2 I go in a 7 pm . Also I wake up everyday 4 hours into my sleep to pee from all the water i drank all night.... Once i am up I stay up for like 3-4 hours trying to fall back asleep but too groggy to go work out. What can I do to get a routine? ANybody got ideas I am desperate here...
Spectre64
Spectre64
Canada
2009/05/16, 08:35 AM
I work shift work too and find the hardest thing is to get use to the sleep schedule. What I have found helps is trying to keep the time you sleep as consistent as possible. I think this is the first thing you should do as it is tiring you out. Also do you find that if you workout, does it make you tired or give you energy?
If you keep getting up in the middle of your sleep perhaps you should find some routine to do at home during that time. At the very least get up a little early and do a 30 minute walk everyday. And stick to your diet and avoid the empty calories.
Hope this helps for starters.
onfireliku
onfireliku
United States
2009/05/19, 12:37 AM
Thanks that helps allot, will try it and see how it goes..

============
Quoting from spectre64:

I work shift work too and find the hardest thing is to get use to the sleep schedule. What I have found helps is trying to keep the time you sleep as consistent as possible. I think this is the first thing you should do as it is tiring you out. Also do you find that if you workout, does it make you tired or give you energy?
If you keep getting up in the middle of your sleep perhaps you should find some routine to do at home during that time. At the very least get up a little early and do a 30 minute walk everyday. And stick to your diet and avoid the empty calories.
Hope this helps for starters.

=============