Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Finding a healthy weight

me9gh2an2
me9gh2an2
United States
2009/05/05, 10:35 AM
I am trying to figure out what a healthy would be for someone my age and height. I don't know if I have a realistic goal. I am a 26 year old woman who is 5 foot 8 inches tall. I hava a slightly larger then average build (broad shoulder, wide hips, muscular legs) I am hoping in a year to be down to 140 pounds from the 188 that I am now. Is that a reasonable goal? Could someone advise me on a healthy weight for my height. And approximatly how long it should take me to get there. According the body fat calculator on this site I have about 24% body fat. Thank you for your help.
Relique
Relique
United States
2009/05/07, 07:08 PM
Well, I am not a woman so all my info is based off my wife but sounds like you two share the same build type, she is 5'7" though. She has gone from 230lbs to 160lbs and I have to say that at 160 she looked great, size 8-10, and she felt good too. Personally I would shoot for 160ish and go from there. She also took about 8 months to go from 230 to 160, however that was with DRASTIC life changes. She went from a sedetary life eating what she wanted to a good diet, and exercised a lot during the day (counting cleaning the house and such as a workout, so not always hitting the gym). If you stuck to a good plan you should be able to loose 2-3 pounds a week. My wife also experianecd a significant weight fluxuation as each "cycle" passed so don't get discourgaged if your weight goes up due to female stuff, it will come back down quick! So give it about 8 weeks and you should be around 160 and then I would re-assess your goals, that is what my wife did!

Hope that helps a bit! and GL!

--------------
Sean "TBAR" Johnson -USAF-