Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Body-Part Coupling

ncurd
ncurd
United States
2009/04/11, 09:47 PM
It seems that Freetrainers.com doesnt seem to couple body parts as I hear they should be. It seems to take more unrelated body parts and pair them together. Is this normal for everyone else's charts, and for that matter should I follow it as-is or should I change it up?

I just got back in to working out, after about a 4-5 month void. An example of what freetrainers.com tells me to do is - Day 1: Shoulders/Calves, Day 2: Chest/Calves and say Day 3: Legs all alone.

Ive been told in the past its best to do combos like Triceps/Back, Biceps/Shoulders, Shoulders/Chest, etc. So what should I be doing, and what are the best body-part couplings out of curiosity?
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2009/04/12, 03:23 PM
i guess it depends on personal preference but i always liked doing Chest/Tris/Shoulders, Back/Bis, Legs. The reason being when you do chest, your working your shoulders and tris anyway, same for back and bis. If i do bis with chest, then when its back/tris day, my bis will be sore from doing back and tris will be sore from doing chest. Also, I usually only do one or two exercises for bigger muscles and one for smaller muscles. I have found the "Quality is better than quantity" philosophy to be correct.

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar