Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Have pain but need to lose weight

ladyg200834
ladyg200834
United States
2009/04/08, 10:48 PM
I have a physical disability which brings on constant pain but I need to lose about 30-40 pounds. I have gained these pounds taking medicine that my doctor prescribed for me n the past in which did not help with. So I was just wondering if someone knew of some ideas that I could use to lose without so much exercise?
dietgirl09
dietgirl09
United States
2009/04/09, 10:02 AM
diet-diet-diet.....i know a girl who i work with, who is currently doing weight watchers........she is only eating her points allotted and no excercise....she has lost 20 lbs already......Also what is your disability, im sure there are some things you could do.....post back
shaunbroyhill
shaunbroyhill
United States
2009/04/09, 03:10 PM
Personally I don't believe in wieght watchers.... a point system isn't the way to go, you need to track what you are actually eating, as in carbs, protien and fat.

Also remember you need to put 100% effort into nutrition and 100% effort into excercise. There has to be some form of excercise that you can do that will burn calories and help you trim the weight.

Losing weight is a combination of both diet and excercise, if you only do one, it won't complete the picture.
ladyg200834
ladyg200834
United States
2009/04/11, 10:51 PM
I have sciatica nerve and pinched nerve in the neck but only on the right side of my body. I have tried physical therapy but that does not help. I have tried light exercises but it burns over the normal. You know the type of burning sensation that you would get after you work out, we'll the pain on my right side is about double that without exercise and triple when I try to exercise. I'm in constant pain daily and I need to lose this weight. I have tried the counting calorie system and that is a lot of work and I believe needs exercise to go with it but... if this is the only way for me to lose then this is what I will do. Thank you for your input.
ladyg200834
ladyg200834
United States
2009/04/11, 10:53 PM
I have sciatica nerve and pinched nerve in the neck but only on the right side of my body. I have tried physical therapy but that does not help. I have tried light exercises but it burns over the normal. You know the type of burning sensation that you would get after you work out, we'll the pain on my right side is about double that without exercise and triple when I try to exercise. I'm in constant pain daily and I need to lose this weight. I have tried the counting calorie system and that is a lot of work and I believe needs exercise to go with it but... if this is the only way for me to lose then this is what I will do. Thank you for your input.

============
Quoting from shaunbroyhill:

Personally I don't believe in wieght watchers.... a point system isn't the way to go, you need to track what you are actually eating, as in carbs, protien and fat.

Also remember you need to put 100% effort into nutrition and 100% effort into excercise. There has to be some form of excercise that you can do that will burn calories and help you trim the weight.

Losing weight is a combination of both diet and excercise, if you only do one, it won't complete the picture.
=============