Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

rowing machines for a short person lol

krista09
krista09
United Kingdom
2009/03/17, 05:15 AM
I'm 4ft 11 tall and enjoy using the rowing machine at the gym as part of my weight loss regime. My question/problem is that because i'm shorter than most in the gym i seem to have to work for twice as long on the rowing machine to burn less calories than the taller people. I've observed what they are doing as the machines are in a row and basicly the only difference i can see is that because they have a longer leg extension than me they are moving back and pulling the bar back a foot further than me they are getting a bigger calorie/speed reading than myself. I have tried lots of different things in my hour on the rowing machine next to these taller people such as going at the same speed as them and going faster than them and they still manage to burn more calories in half the time.
My question is.....am i realy burning less than them or should i take into account the fact that i can't extend my legs as far as them and not worry about it....OR should i just do my hour and not care what the calorie reading is at the end lol I just find it realy frustrating
Hope this makes sense.....i know what i'm trying to say LOL