Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Please assist me better my routine...

senor
senor
United States
2009/02/28, 11:06 AM
Hey. I am trying to shed the belly and build up some muscle for the summer. I figure I have between 3-4 months to do so. I currently exercise an average of 2-3x a week but need a more effective and specific workout routine. I have read that compound exercises should be the concentration, but have also read that one must be wary of "overtraining" and have ALSO read that people need to vary their routine, so I don't know how to vary compounds (ex- on chest day I do straight bench, then incline, then decline. that's verying, but its all in the same routine. How do I avoid "adapting" to the workout).

Can anyone give me a good seven day (split it however you want to) workout routine that is beneficial?

Also- I'm trying to increase my cardio conditioning. How much do I need to do a week?

Thanks in advance!
marinarmalik
marinarmalik
United States
2009/03/19, 09:23 PM
Hi. I am Personal Trainer
Here is a Phase 1 for Cardio Conditioning, I provided my client with:
You can use this template with any cardio equipment.

Warm-Up 5 min 3.0mph 0% incline

MPH INCLINE TIME
3.0 3% 3min
3.5 3% 2min
3.5 5% 5min
4.0 0% 3min
4.0 3% 2min
4.3 0% 3min
4.3 5% 3min
4.5 0% 3min
4.5 3% 2min

Cool down 5 min 3.0 mph 0% incline

Total time 35 min

Not sure what level you are so make sure you Adjust MPH and Incline accordingly...
Do this routine until you feel you can easily do 35 min. It might take up to 4 - 6 weeks then progress to increasing MPH or Incline.
Hope it helps.

--------------
Marina Malik
NASM Certified PT