Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

after muscle mass then what

werre300
werre300
United States
2009/02/25, 02:49 PM
I have been weight training (free wieghts) for about 9 months now with good results. My shoulders, chest, arms, legs, and back have all gained considerable mass. Although i have done cardio 30 minutes 4 times a week with my wieghts i have not taken as much belly fat off as i would like. Since i cut back on the cardio i have added more mass but seems like still the same stomache fat stays. I have taken about 3 inches off my waist. Not sure what to do next ..... 255 lbs 6, 2" Taking in plenty of protien also. In regards to cardio i am doing stairs but not sure of the intensity and duration i should be doing. More intensity less time? thanks for your help
2009/02/25, 03:42 PM
You need to look at your diet and start cutting back on the calories.
send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2009/02/26, 09:18 AM
Ur probs is very common. Reducing body fat is not that easy. It seems u r working very hard at the gym and please do keep a strong focus on getting the diet right.

First you need to decide what exactly is your goal? Do you want to lose body fat or gain mass. I think wht u really want is a combo of both. Well its not ur fault b'cos I guess thats what everyone wants (even me).

Remember, the more u shock your body the more calories u will burn. What kind of cardio do you do? Have you tried HIIT or tried to include Tabatha training in your programme? These are great in burning body fat.

30 min duration is fine but it shud be really high intensive. The aim is to raise ur metabolism so high that you keep burning calories even when you are relaxing on your sofa.

Try this (this is what I do)

Warm up for 5 minutes.
Run for 1 min- Speed of 15 or 16 (depending on how fast you can run)
Jog for next 1 min

Repeat this 8 times if you can. let me know how you feel.
send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2009/02/26, 09:19 AM
Keep the jog speed around 8-8.5
werre300
werre300
United States
2009/02/26, 09:28 PM
Thanks, I am going to try the HITT and more focus on the diet although i have made serious changes to my diet already just not seeing it yet. I am happy with my gains and i am willing to let some of them go to give up the fat areas so my goal is to do so.