Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Protein Powder for Women

Humrz28
Humrz28
United States
2009/01/06, 03:38 PM
I just started back into my weightloss routine (lost 60 lbs 4 years ago, gained 20 lbs of it back 2 years ago, ready to get it all off again)... Anyway, I mainly follow a low carb type diet, lots of veggies and lean meats, and whatever carbs I do eat are usually in the morning. I work out 4-6 times a week doing anywhere from 30-60 minutes of cardio and 30-60 of weight training. I've only been back into the routine for a couple of weeks so no results yet (it always seems to take me FOREVER to start seeing results, lol). I'm wondering if I should add a protein suppliment to my daily routine. I'm wanting to lose fat and gain some muscle, I'm thinking this will help and fit into my diet plan just fine. I've seen a few ads for a female-targeted protein powder called Tight Curves. I'm wondering if anyone has used this and what you thought? I'm also looking into the Dessert line, but the carbs are kind of high, IMO. What are your opinions? Am I thinking on the right track?
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/01/06, 05:31 PM
I don't see any problems with just using a regular whey protein. Sure you can spend more money on something that digests 5 minutes sooner, or claims to be just for women, but at the end of the day it's still protein. You may even be getting enough just through your daily diet.
Humrz28
Humrz28
United States
2009/01/06, 05:59 PM
That's what I was thinking. The more I read the nutrition facts of these "women-targeted" supplements, the more I noticed they are no different (or not much different) then the basic ones at Wal-Mart, lol. Can anyone recommend a good tasting one that is still low in sugar and carbs?

--------------
It\'s not a sport unless you can die from massive internal injuries.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/01/07, 11:10 AM
I happen to be a big fan of Body Fortress whey protein(chocolate) from Walmart. It's pretty much just pure whey protein. The price is good, and the taste is pretty good too.

============
Quoting from humrz28:

That's what I was thinking. The more I read the nutrition facts of these "women-targeted" supplements, the more I noticed they are no different (or not much different) then the basic ones at Wal-Mart, lol. Can anyone recommend a good tasting one that is still low in sugar and carbs?

=============
Humrz28
Humrz28
United States
2009/01/07, 06:01 PM