Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Gaining Weight/Muscle Mass

Football12
Football12
United States
2008/11/28, 03:15 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if this would be a good diet so I can gain weight and be as healthy as possible for my football season. As of right now, I am 150 lbs.

-Wake Up
-Breakfast
-GNC Whey Protein Shake
-Mulit-Vitamin Pill
-Lunch
-GNC Fish Body Oils 1000 Pill
-GNC Whey Protein Shake before workout (whether its basketball practice, football practice, lifting, etc.)
-GNC Creatine Monohydrate immediately after workout
-GNC Weight Gainer 1850 (every 3 days)
-GNC Whey Protein Shake before bed

Of course, it's impossible for every single one of my days to follow this schedule, but if this is a base schedule, would this work? Anything to add to it? I'm 15 yrs old, 150 lbs., and 5'11''. Let me know! Thanks
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/11/28, 03:57 PM
Looks like too many shakes and not enough real food to me. You're 15 years old and not quite done growing yet. Give the supplements a rest for now. Concentrate on healthy eating habits and good form in the weight room.
If your not concentrating on lifting heavy 4-5 days a week, then chances are all of those extra calories from the shakes are just going to become fat.
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/28, 09:11 PM
If i were you, I'd go with the protein shakes DIRECTLY AFTER your workout & also in the early A.M. As for the creatine, eh I hate the stuff so I won't comment. I definitely agree with plex in that you aren't getting enough real food. You should be having at LEAST 5 meals a day. When I say meals, I don't mean your typical lunch or dinner, but a smaller portion.
Personally, I like this schedule the best.

07:00 - Regular breakfast (I.e. a bowl of cereal, not 10 pancakes loaded with butter and syrup and a stack of bacon on the side)
10:00 - Snack (A fruit, such as an apple, & a protein source, such as cheese)
12:30 - Slightly smaller than 3 meal a day lunch
15:00 - Snack (Fruit, protein)
18:00 - Smaller than normal dinner

Based on this, at your weight I would consume around 2700-3000 calories per day - Remember to keep your protein high and your carbs low. Shoot for a vegetable and a lean meat with every meal.

& obviously this schedule will not fit perfectly into what you do, so adjust accordingly. Keep in mind the main point is to keep your body nourished and to boost metabolism by giving your body a constant source of foods. I strongly believe in knowing the right foods and when to eat them is far more important than anything a supplement will do to you.. & I'm sure many people will agree.

But my, my, my. All those GNC's you take - I can only imagine what that did to your pocket :laugh:. For future reference, try shopping the internet.