Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Working out for Jesus

Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2009/06/17, 10:01 AM
i believe in god and everything go to church you know but i let it go to my head a long time ago
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2009/06/17, 02:41 AM
This may sound abstract to a lot of people, but I was wondering if anyone else out there is trying to improve their health, fitness, bodies, image for the Glory of God. I always pray before my workouts saying I want to do it for his Glory and not for mine, and absolutely not for Vanity.

What I am really wondering is if there is anyone else out there doing this? and Also if there is anyone else who is a Body Builder who does this?
I have been a college Athlete for awhile now, and I've been thinking of incorporating more Body Builder type activities, but I am afraid of doing it in Vanity/and or letting it go to my head.

sorry if this sounds crazy to some.....
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/06/17, 11:30 AM
There's nothing wrong with doing a little home improvement on God's temple.
Think of it like this: When you become more fit, it improves the quality of your life exponentially. When your life is good, others will pick up on your energy. In effect you may become a better what ever you are(religion) by becoming more fit.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/06/18, 09:09 AM
Returnofplex's last sentence hits the point right on.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)