Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Need some assistance with my diet

redrider4life1
redrider4life1
United States
2008/11/06, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

I need some assistance with my diet for dinner/gym time. I work long hours so my schedule for going to the gym is pretty much the same every day during the week. I work 7:30 - 7ish so I don't get to the gym until 8 every night.

My dillemma is I eat lunch around 1, then have snacks (fruit, protein bars, turkey sanwich) around 4 and then right before I leave work so I can go to the gym while not being starved.

By the time I get home from the gym it is close to 9:30 and I haven't ate dinner yet. My question is what is my best bet for dinner at that time? I feel like whatever I eat is just turning to fat when I go to sleep so I can't lose that last bit of bf to get into my ideal shape.

Lately I have been eating cereal, oatmeal, chicken, ground turkey prior to going to sleep around 11ish.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/11/07, 08:00 AM
Take a shake to the gym and drink it immediately postworkout. then when you get home if you are hungry have a small protein based meal. Scrambled egg and egg whites or some lowfat cottage cheese. you could even have a small salad.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
redrider4life1
redrider4life1
United States
2008/11/10, 02:33 PM
I figured eggs would be the best for me. I eat a lot of vegetables and salads, but they don't fill me.

Usually I need to make about 4 or 5 egg whites at night even after taking my protein shake and creatine in order to be full otherwise I can't sleep from hunger.
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/10, 02:43 PM
Taking creatine? Not a big fan of that one... Stop taking it for a week and you'll piss away 5 pounds.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/11/11, 08:16 AM
creatine is very beneficial - the wtaer ot takes into your muscles is also beneficial. creatine helps your system recreate energy and recover. if you had a specific even that you needed to make weight for you could drop creatine out to drop the water it holds, but there is no reason to not take it otherwise.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield