Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Introduction

Ashlee23
Ashlee23
Canada
2008/11/04, 03:56 PM
Hey! My name is Ashley I am 20 years old and I recently had a baby 8 months (yesterday!) and have not even shed a single pound, if anything I have gained some weight! I want to look good for my boyfriend again and I know I will feel better about myself. Enough being lazy! Time to get back to my oldself.
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/04, 10:10 PM
Deja-vu? Oh wait, no... I've seen this posted like 3 other places :p.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/11/13, 04:32 PM
What have you been doing? Quit doing that.

Start moving, exercise, whatever it takes. Quit eating crap.
Ashlee23
Ashlee23
Canada
2008/11/18, 01:06 AM
Well thanks for the ?inspirational? words of wisdom.
2008/11/18, 11:50 AM
walk/jog/run everyday

-focus on either longer duration or quicker pace

-eat better...read the nutrition forum....portion control is huge, many small nutritious meals is key, etc

-lift freeweight weights....squats, deadlifts, standing press, chin ups, etc...yes they are safe and good for you...ask some1 to show you proper form...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2008/11/30, 04:51 PM
All things in steps, don't go nuts all at once.

1st thing, cut out soda/cokes/sweet teas etc.....start drinking water.

2. Clean out all the junk foods...no fast foods...get rid of refined sugars. Basicly if it didn't grow, swim, run or fly don't eat it. If the package has thing in the ingredients you can't pronounce...don't eat or drink it.

3. Get active: but not all at ounce...i disagree with menace.....don't start doing all the heavy compund lifts right off the bat...your just asking for a injury, get injured you loose weight/its demoralizing.....and you'll stop.

Go to park, start walking or get a bike. Start doing some push ups body weight squats stuff like that on your own.

Then start looking at gyms, don't worry about alot of freeweights right now, that will come with time. Look at the dumbells cause that is where you'll get most of your freeweight work at first.

Have a trainer show you the machines and what they do. If need be find a good one to show you some things. ask for his clints, and see if you can ask his clients how they like his training.

Don't be sold on all the "core" techniques, and latest this or that.

good luck

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"