Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Need to lose weight, can't exercise HELP

rbi911
rbi911
United States
2008/10/25, 09:59 PM
Hey guys i need some help. I need to lose some weight. I am 6'2'' and usually around 175-180lb range with a slender runners type frame. I had a knee and shoulder injury that have pretty much ended my ability to work out. I now weigh 210lbs and am still putting on weight. I cut back on all the excess carbs and calories and am eating 5 small meals a day but nothing seems to be doing the trick. Are there any OTC diet pills out there that actually work, atleast for a few months till i can heal and get back into exercising? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to help stop the gain?
revoman
revoman
Canada
2008/10/26, 10:50 AM
Try anf figure out how many calories you are getting in on a daily basis , from that you will have to adjust. Eating 5 meals a day could be good, but if the portions are still to big you wont loose , especially while not working out. At least knowing yuor maintenance calories you will be able to decide after how many to cut.Just keep eating healthy and good snacks. Cut out soda and surgary drinks if you can. Limit your carbs to mainly mornin and early afternoon . Hope this helps somewhat.
rbi911
rbi911
United States
2008/10/28, 12:35 AM
thanks revo, i have cut out alot of the calories and all sugary drinks. i have been eating alot of grilled chicken, fish, and vegetables.
EDDIE.H
EDDIE.H
United Kingdom
2008/12/19, 07:06 PM
cut down to 3 meals,eat fruit and lge glass of water for other 2, also drink lge glass of water before other meals it should help

============
Quoting from rbi911:

Hey guys i need some help. I need to lose some weight. I am 6'2'' and usually around 175-180lb range with a slender runners type frame. I had a knee and shoulder injury that have pretty much ended my ability to work out. I now weigh 210lbs and am still putting on weight. I cut back on all the excess carbs and calories and am eating 5 small meals a day but nothing seems to be doing the trick. Are there any OTC diet pills out there that actually work, atleast for a few months till i can heal and get back into exercising? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to help stop the gain?
=============
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/12/21, 11:51 AM
With any diet pill, it's always about the work(i.e diet and exercise) you do, and how the pill SUPPLEMENTS the work. Pills are worthless unless you have the diet and exercise routine nailed down first. You mention having surgery that "ended your ability to work out". Does that mean that you cant work out until you're healed or forever? Theres gotta be some kind of rehab you can do at some point. Light weights or bands, etc. If you're set on never strength training again or doing cardio, then diet is your only option. You'll have to really watch your calorie consumption and also the types of calories you eat. Start somewhere around 2200 calories a day and see where that gets you. stay away from empty carbs as well.

============
Quoting from rbi911:

=============