Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Calorie Calculator Confusion

gsarah18
gsarah18
United States
2008/10/13, 01:28 PM
I don't understand on the ratio calculator : It says, grams per day; grams per meal; then calories per day; calories per meal.....I don't understand, I mean the calories and grams part. Cause on labels for ex. carbs are listed in grams....Where do you find the carb calories? I just don't understand. Someone please help cause this calculator is awesome. Thanks :)
Calispeed6
Calispeed6
United States
2009/01/04, 06:15 AM
1g of carbs=4 calories 1g fat=7 calories.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/01/04, 01:44 PM
Be wary of the over all amount of calories that the site calculator suggests(it usually suggests too many). If you're going for weight loss, google "calorie calculator" for some better options.
In the beginning, just stick to the amount of over-all calories suggested, then start making little changes until you balance it out between protein,fat,and carbs.

============
Quoting from gsarah18:

I don't understand on the ratio calculator : It says, grams per day; grams per meal; then calories per day; calories per meal.....I don't understand, I mean the calories and grams part. Cause on labels for ex. carbs are listed in grams....Where do you find the carb calories? I just don't understand. Someone please help cause this calculator is awesome. Thanks :)
=============