Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Routine Questions

mrs_joshica
mrs_joshica
United States
2008/10/08, 09:00 AM
Hi. I went to Purdue Cal in IN and I had a personal trainer that placed me on a specific routine. However, I'm no longer in that area and I would like suggestions for a good routine. I am overweight so I'm looking for something for beginners who cant do aerobics just yet. I'm looking to loose weight, and add exercise to my daily routine at the YMCA gym. I don't want to bulk up or become too muscular, I would still like to have a soft feminine, but toned look. I love the treadmill, but I cant do the treadmill more than 15 minutes at a time yet (building up to more), I can use all the other work out equipment available. Any suggestions? :)
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2008/10/08, 01:12 PM
Check the top of the web page and you will see a tab "Fitness Plan". It is easy to set yourself up with a plan and you should be good to go. Unless you are going to train extremely hard, the odds of you "bulking up" are pretty much slim to nil. I have seen a lot of people use that as an excuse to not work out enough though. Not you of course. :)