Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Beginner Supplements????

trentjcarter
trentjcarter
United States
2008/09/23, 08:11 PM
Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I am a male, 29 years old, 5'9" tall and weigh around 150lbs. I am looking to gain Mass and burn off the fat that seems to be building on my stomach and love handles. I am more concerned with gaining size then I can cut later. Anyway, I bought into all the hype and through the advice of another online trainer(not from this site) I purchased a bunch of supplements. I have no clue what to take and when. The supplements that I have purchased are as follows:

Animal Pak
Animal Pump
Purple Wraath
Zero Carb Isopure
100% Casein

If anyone is familiar with these products please let me know the best way to use them. I have already purchased them so I dont want the money to go to waste.

I am also eating 5 high protein meals a day!

Any help with achieving my goal would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/09/24, 11:42 AM
First off, we all make those mistakes where we buy in to something and it's not as promised. I hope you've since severed ties with the 'online trainer'. We all have to learn the hard way sometimes.

Here's the info you wanted:

Animal Pak - with breakfast
Animal Pump - 30 minutes pre-workout
Purple Wraath - sip just before and during workout
Zero Carb Isopure - immediately after workout
100% Casein - immediately before bed

Once you're done with the supplements you have, stick with the basics: a good multi (Animal Pak is great), whey protein (just get the cheap stuff), and fish oil (or some sort of omega complex). As a beginner, your focus should be on perfecting your diet. Look into nutrient timing specifically for your goals. Supplements don't make you big - food does.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
trentjcarter
trentjcarter
United States
2008/09/24, 09:30 PM
Thanks man! I appreciate the reply and guidance. I'm sure that I will have more questions and I hope to be able to post some progress picts within the next 6 months.