Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Lots of water!

StacyLynn327
StacyLynn327
United States
2008/09/16, 11:12 PM
(Sorry... this got a little long!)

Well, I met with my trainer for a consult, and so far I love him! I start on Friday & I'm pretty jazzed about it! I know he's gonna kick my butt, but it will be so worth it!
Keeping on topic, here... one of the things I told him that the exercise routine was going to be a huge change for me and it was about all I could handle at once, so don't even think about changing my diet just yet. He totally agreed with me! Food is my drug and knowing myself, I can't make an entire lifestyle change like that without setting myself up for failure. So our solution was this: instead of cutting out all the goodies & crap I'm accustomed to, we are going to add. One thing at a time. My first goal is to start drinking more water. A LOT more water! I'm aiming for a gallon a day. Considering I live on soda, this is huge. But so far, so good! I'm almost there! I noticed it leaves me less room to snack, so just by adding that I'm already cutting out a lot and not even noticing it! Yay! Once I'm able to reach that goal, I'll be adding in one more fruit a day. I find it much easier to do that than to deprive myself of the things I want when I do want them.
So now I'm wondering.... how much water do you guys drink on average a day?

--------------
Stacy
79 pounds to go
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/09/16, 11:40 PM
A Gallon is standard as I have at times went around carrying a Milk gallon filled with water daily to gain a habit to drink more water.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
StacyLynn327
StacyLynn327
United States
2008/09/17, 12:15 AM
This is exactly what I'm doing. I have a 1-gallon jug that I chug throughout the day. The only challenge I have with that is when I'm at work. I work with biohazard and can't put anything in/on my mouth when I have a lab coat on (which is 95% of my 10+ hour workdays!)
============
Quoting from SFGiantsMVP:

A Gallon is standard as I have at times went around carrying a Milk gallon filled with water daily to gain a habit to drink more water.

=============
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/09/26, 10:42 AM
Way to go Stacy! Take your fitness in baby steps. ALSO, get everything you can from your trainer. Learn as much as possible from him and ask questions. A sign of a good trainer is one who will work himself out of a job, and share information with you. I'll tell ya, the first few weeks are gonna suck, but hang in there. And if you fall off of the diet wagon momentarily, just get right back on it and keep going.