Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Issues with Pecs

lethaldosage45
lethaldosage45
Canada
2008/09/06, 03:32 PM
Hey,

I've been training for 3-4 months now and my left pec is larger than the right. I have been doing A LOT of mopping with my summer job and it seems to have used my left pec much more than my right because when i use the mop in the opposite hands i can feel it working my right pec. So because of all that extra time spent using my left pec the right one is smaller. Does anyone have any tips on how to help even them out?? I was thinking of doing benchpress with an extra 5lbs on the right arm??
Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2008/09/06, 11:46 PM
use dumbbells keep the reps even even if you can do more with one side that should even them out db press, flyes, incline db press i dont recommend the 5 extra lbs on one side that must be a heavy mop lot of times a weak arm is the problem leading to the issue you are having is one of your arms considerably bigger than the other?
lethaldosage45
lethaldosage45
Canada
2008/09/07, 10:12 PM

============
Quoting from pensfan:

use dumbbells keep the reps even even if you can do more with one side that should even them out db press, flyes, incline db press i dont recommend the 5 extra lbs on one side that must be a heavy mop lot of times a weak arm is the problem leading to the issue you are having is one of your arms considerably bigger than the other?
=============

lol no, well it was a semi heavy mop. I used it to pick up wax so it weight it down. But no, my arms are both the same size, just the pecs are different. But i will take your advice with the dumbbells! thanks