Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Calories, i'm a bit confused

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/08/22, 12:00 PM
You can't gain fat without losing muscle. The fat and weak guy actually had a lot of muscle under his fat and just lost more muscle than fat is why he went to cut and strong. But he still would have lost some muscle.

Up that protein intake, 20% seems low, carbs seem high IMO. You need to focus on eating clean, but slightly more than maintenance and put on some muscle. You WILL put on a little more fat but if you do it right more muscle than fat and when you get to a point where you want to cut down you'll be in a better position.
borkable
borkable
United States
2008/08/22, 01:49 AM
If you have to eat more calories than you expend to gain weight, than how much do you eat just to build muscle but not gain fat?

I just read an article saying you can't loose fat without losing muscle, and I'm having a hard time believing this because I've seen people go from fat and weak, to cut and strong.

I'm 140lbs, I have 12% body fat, 17yrs old. I want to gain weight, obviously, and get rid of the fat. I'm getting confused with all the articles I've read. UGH!!! My BMR is about 1700, My AMR is about 2300. But I calculated I should take about 20% protein, 56% cars, 24% fat. And since I should take about 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass, it comes out to a total of 2480 calories I should intake. So how does the BMR and AMR tie into this? I'm getting more confused the more I think about it.