Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Nutra sea , fish oil

revoman
revoman
Canada
2008/08/19, 06:34 PM
I picked up a bottle of this fat supp. from the store and i want to know how many grams of fat i can count this for , here is the info

fish oil : 4.65 grams
omega 3 : 1500mg
epa : 750mg
dha : 500mg
other omega -3 : 250 mg.

Thanks.
2008/09/03, 08:17 PM
1g=9 calories

Usual recommended dosage is 6-20+g of fish oil....with avg of about 10g and epa/dha at 3g..

So assuming you take 10g of fish oil daily...then you are taking additional 90 calories a day....however some nutritionists are still debating whether this should be included in the daily caloric intake calculations....
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/09/06, 02:47 PM
Until you get your fat ratio in balance, this means your intake of Omega 3's to 6's at least even, it may well be prudent to take up to 10 gr. per day. A 1000 mg. softgel is 1 gr. just for information.

The jist behind the 'balance' I referred to in the first paragraph is that the typical american diet is so overloaded in Omega 6's. In fact, you could make a concious effort to totally avoid N6's for a year and still not be deficient.

Look for molecularly distilled, and pharmeceutical grade fish oil if you can find it. And by the way, marine sources are much better than vegetarian sources. (another whole discussion). May even want to take a look at Krill Oil, research seems to show it is much better absorbed and utilized than standard fish oil.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

revoman
revoman
Canada
2008/09/08, 09:17 PM
»Sweet ,Thanks for the responses , better late then never :big_smile:,My fat intake is pretty balanced , i am getting adequate fats in these days ,since i have been following my diet plan i work with portions and is going really well, i have lost 3.5 pounds in the past 3 weeks almost..(just thought i would share.) presently i am taking one pill with every meal , its going good, they do give a little burp gas afterwards , and since they flavoured it with lemon , it taste funky coming up . Something to get used to i guess.

BB1fit , i will check out the krill oil once i am done my bottle i have now . Seems like a good alternative. Thanks again .
2008/09/14, 03:28 PM
krill oil is good though the downside is that it's considerably more expensive.

You can also ask a doc for prescription fish oil....it will be a stronger version than otc...basically same dosage in fewer capsules...

if u hate the fish burpes then get enteric coated version...it's a bit more expensive but not too bad...