Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

need a track to stay on....HELP!!!

edk1961
edk1961
United States
2008/08/18, 11:52 AM
asimmer, I did look at your profile, and I must say you made remarkable progress. Your determination is shown in your results. I realize I may never see quite the results you have. But I do want a much more fit,lean body without gaining my weight back from the increase in calories. Maybe the protein suppliments is the way to go along with workouts. Thank you again
edk1961
edk1961
United States
2008/08/18, 11:46 AM
thank you asimmer. Yes I have started a light work out. Trying to get used to moving again. It is a little hard with the arthritis. I have had an elipical trainer for almost 6 months and love to use it also. I can get an easy 20 mins on it and if I push it 30 mins. I have had to add protein bars and protein shakes to my diet to get the calories up to 1500. I feel more energy after just over a week I know it will take time to feel leaner. My main goal is to become healthier and more fit. Maybe the 'Ol body will move better with a little less pain. I do appreciate your help.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/18, 11:22 AM
thetracker here is notorious for being too high.

Start with a beginner routine from here - working out will help you reach all of your goals - weight loss because you calorie burn will go up, 'toning' and shaping because you will lose fat and increase muscle.

If 1500 has worked for you as a weight loss caloric intake, stay with it and see how adding in exercise affects you. You should feel leaner and fitter within 6-8 weeks with patience and consistency.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
edk1961
edk1961
United States
2008/08/18, 09:28 AM
I have recently registered on FT In just over a week I have picked up a lot of really good information. Being new to the whole fitness versus weight loss only I am haveing a hard time deciding what I need to do first. I have lost 100lbs in the past 5yrs. I am not sure I am any healthier. Now I want to learn how to become healthy and fit again. I won't kid anyone, I have never exercised much. I'm not educated in health and nutrition. In the past 2 years it seems I have slowed down and health does not seem to be on my side. Last year I was diagnosed with sever osteoarthritis. It is time for me to take charge of my health. I don't know where to begin. I would like to lose more weight, but after reading on this site for over a week I feel I need to make becomming more fit a priority over weight loss. My percentage of body fat versus lean is way out of proportion much more that my being overweight. I have been using the nutrition tracker. I have a hard time consuming the amount of calories it sugests for me. In the last week I have increased my caloric intake by about 500 calories a day. Still I only manage to take in about 1500 on average. I have never ate a lot and have become acustomed to starving myself in the last few years.
I really wish someone more educated in this field could give me advise on how to become more fit and healthy and not gain the weight back I have struggled so hard to lose. I appreciate all info. Thanks Eydie