Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Protein/ throat closing

breadcf
breadcf
United States
2008/08/13, 11:42 AM
Trying to find out if anyone has the same problem....When I down a protein shake most brands make my throat feel like it is closing and its hard to swallow for about 45 minutes after. Anyone have any knowledge on this? I have no known allergies but am lactose intolerant. thanks
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/13, 11:48 AM
Sounds like allergies to me. I know someone who has a reaction to one brand, but not another, so you might want to try a different brand..but keep in mind that with that type of allergic reaction it tends to get more severe with additional exposure and you may end up in the ER...I had a dye allergy at work and ended up in ER twice after years of working with the stuff and having no problem..

You may want to try a non dairy protein like egg or soy.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

breadcf
breadcf
United States
2008/08/13, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the info, it seems the only type of protein that doesn't affect me is MHP Probolic-SR 12 Hour Muscle Feeder. I just haven't been able to narrow down what is different in MHP than the others I have tried.