Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

am i doing it right?

kc101
kc101
United States
2008/06/27, 04:24 PM
My main aim is to build more muscle, especially upper body. My workout routine is basically: Weight training 3 times a week, two on upper body, one on legs/butt. I don't have a set routine per se - at the gym on my arm days a typical session may be 2-3 sets of bicep curs (6-8 reps), shoulder press (again 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps), and i also go on the machines (forget what they're called) - for triceps and chest (2-3 sets of 8-10 reps) and one that works the triceps and back (same). Sometimes i don't count reps - i just lift until i'm fatigued, which may be 10 reps the first set then 8 the next, etc.

Does this look ok? Should i do fewer/more different exercises? Are reps/sets ok? can i expect to see results doing this?
would appreciate any feedback!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/05, 10:43 AM
You will get some results doing anything.,sign up for a plan here or do a basic plan with basic compound movements, heavy weight, good form - 6-10 reps.

Deadlifts, Squats, bentover rows, bench press, incline bench, military press..leave the isolation stuff for now - you really don't need it yet.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach