Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

10 years lay off is it to late?

mab74
mab74
United States
2008/06/22, 03:51 PM
I'm 34 and i haven't played any b-ball for about 10 yrs,Now i'm getting back into playing again. Had a couple questions if anyone could help.When I played i could dunk, i was a 1 leg jumper never worked out or anything like that guess jumping just came natural.I'm small at just 5'11 165lbs still the same size as 10 yrs ago is there any programs out there that anyone would recommend to get me back in jumping condition or is it to late?...lol
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2008/06/22, 10:42 PM
First of all, I would encourage you to do a fitbuddy search. I'm pretty sure this subject has been hit several times.

The Vertical Project by Luke Lowrey gives flat out insane results. Period. But it's expensive. And most don't want to dedicate to such a high volume, etc.

DeFrancosTraining.com has some good stuff to read.
HigherFasterSports.com has some good stuff as well. Kelley Bagget is solid.

Get your VMO's healthy and strong, strengthen your posterior chain. Assess strength, speed, flexibility, and neurological enhancement. You want your bodyfat percentage low. You want to eat well and clean. I can't think of anything else to tell you right now.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt