Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Help me with eright gain!

adsadsads
adsadsads
Finland
2008/06/18, 06:24 AM
ok well I have a long story of trying to gain weight that started 2 years ago... anyway it started fine and I gained 22 punds :) I just basicly ate everything.

Anyway during last 1.5 years I haven't really gained any permanent weight and I am a bit depressed. It is very hard to eat for as much as needed for me, I weight around 120(now) pounds am awrage height guy. My appetite is also very bad, I mean like if I ate only when I was hungry I am not sure if that was even enough for me to live and I can't really finish big meals at all even a normal sized pizza :(.

Anyway last week I took this 7-day helico pylori antibiote thing, well I felt a bit sick and couldn't eat as much so I lost 12 pounds! I ate probably around 1500 calories a day, compared to normal 2500 calories. A other thing is I used to eat around 2000 calories to at least maintain or even gain weight but now I need 2500 : /. So yeah with my very low appetite and huge metabolism, it is very hard to gain weight but apparently very easy to lose it.

I am just thiking that maybe I have some illness that affects my appetite/ food absorption? If I eat "normal" sized meals I will just puke, exspecially in the mornings I can't really eat anything without feeling full. So do any diseases that you know have these effects?
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/06/18, 07:27 AM
I don't know if you have any certain condition or not - but try eating smaller meals more often....
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/06/18, 08:33 AM
Eat food that is has more bang for your buck so to speak. For instance beef tends to have more calories than chicken for the same amount of food. Peanut butter, olive oil, walnuts, oatmeal, brown rice, drink a lot of milk.