Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Whey Protein for women

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/28, 10:30 AM
Pre and post workout are optimal times to consume whey protein, but if you have trouble eating enough protein at meals, you could supplement with it then, too. try to get protein from whole food sources during every meal.

Please read the stickies in the women's forum and dispell this ridiculous "i don't want to get muscualr" myth from your head.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
motivi
motivi
Canada
2008/08/26, 03:03 PM

asimmer, thank you for your great advice. i've been a bit scheptical about whey protein, just because i don't want to get too muscular. i've also started bringing in snaks to work. I still don't really eat a full lunch, but i munch on cucumbers, green/red/yellow pepper slices, or cherry tomatoes and fruit throughout my day. i think its a good start from just eating/binging once a day.
when do u recommend drinking the protein shakes? should this always be paired with a workout?

Thanks
============
Quoting from asimmer:

I use whey protein, sometimes 3 times a day , to get my required protein in. I am losing a pound - two pounds a week. A balanced diet will reduce your binging. eat every 2-3 hours, protein, fibrous carbs and good fats (nuts, olive oil, avocado) this will regulate your blood sugar , which in turn will cut down the cravings and modd swings.

=============
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/26, 11:07 AM
I use whey protein, sometimes 3 times a day , to get my required protein in. I am losing a pound - two pounds a week. A balanced diet will reduce your binging. eat every 2-3 hours, protein, fibrous carbs and good fats (nuts, olive oil, avocado) this will regulate your blood sugar , which in turn will cut down the cravings and modd swings.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/08/25, 12:53 PM
Protein is a supplement and not a substitute. You don't mention in your post anything about fats and protein in your binge eating.
I would suggest using a protein supplement when you have the craving for something sweet, by using a fruit flavour or other flavour, and you will benefit by the protein.
In order to reduce, you have to eat regularly (which I'm sure you already know),start by adding more food that contain protein.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
motivi
motivi
Canada
2008/08/25, 12:11 PM
I wanted to get some opinions on whey protein for women. Will this help me lose weight or will it bulk me up. I want to lose about 15 lbs, so i am not sure if thsi will help. i will be training at least 3-4 times/week. My eating habits are a bit erratic, i find that i starve myself during the day and than binge on food onece i get home from work. I eat pretty clean, so i normally binge on fruit, vegetables ( or bread if i happen to have it around- i try not to). I sometimes however get really bad sugar rushes. I have gained some weight and need to get back into shape.
any advice?

Thank you