Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Gastric Bypass Surgery

mysticalfairy22
mysticalfairy22
United States
2008/05/16, 03:50 PM
Hi Can anyone tell me bout it and if its a good idea for a 22 year old who weighs 330? please i need help!
Erin_123
Erin_123
Canada
2008/05/31, 05:41 PM
surgury is a last resort...if you're imobile or just cant control your eating habits then it might be something to look into.

did you try seeing a nutritionist? if you can walk, are you walking? you dont have to walk a mile just walk untill you're tired...set a goal to go further the next day.

remember that surgery is a horrible experience after words...i know a woman that got it done. She looks great now but the first few months post surgery made her miserable, she was constantly vomiting, upset and always crying because she couldnt get used to it.

I know it's difficult to do anything when you're over weight...even at 220 pounds i broke a sweat walking downstairs to do laundry...but you need to stop making excuses, start counting calories you'll only better yourself when you want to.

remember if its not in the house...its not in your mouth. just dont buy it! if you live with others encourage them to try and help you.

good luck!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/06/01, 08:45 AM
At your age I would try really exercising and controling what you eat. Easier said than done I know. I had it in 06 and it was the RIGHT decision for me at the time. I would give it a few years of really trying to do it on your own before thinking about it.

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
MsSexyMama
MsSexyMama
United States
2008/07/18, 09:36 PM
Well I think you should try doing it on your own at first. If you cant gastric bypass would be the answer. There is a new mini gastric bypass out now with less pain and home the next day. The good thing about it its done by larposcopic no big sugery scars... this is the name of the new program. Its call N.E.W. program based in Newport beach. You can go to lapband.com and there is a link to them to go to one of there seminars. Check it out! You do have to make changes, thats is a must... with the bypass you could rarely eat sweets anymore so if u want to give them up 95% then yeah go for it. if not then you shouldnt get the bypass maybe you will like the lapband, but it will take u 1-4 to lose 60% of your weight vs bypass u will lose 80% the first yr. So ck it out. If you havent done so I will get the information and post it within a wk or 2.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/07/18, 09:56 PM
A lapband procedure is NOT gastric bypass....it is a weight loss surgery but they are totaly differnt.

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
starrydad
starrydad
United States
2010/05/26, 10:15 PM

I agree the Lapband surgery is nothing like the gastric bypass. The band is a tool to help you. I have lost over 100 pounds since I had mine back in August '08. Now granted I still have another 100 pounds to go to get to where i want to be but it is better to lose the weight slowly for so many different reasons.
============
Quoting from 7707mutt:

A lapband procedure is NOT gastric bypass....it is a weight loss surgery but they are totaly differnt.

=============