Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Ringing Ears After Squats / Deadlifts

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/05/05, 10:17 PM
Is it just me or does this happen to you also!

It never fails for me after every squat and or deadlift session my ears can ring for up to 3 days mostly about 2 days!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
2008/05/05, 10:42 PM
Mine never stop. Been that way for 15 years.

--------------

Sometimes life is like herding cats

Charlie
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/05/06, 05:00 AM
Turn the volume down on your mp3 player!

I don't have a clue why your ears would ring like that for so long. My ears will do that, but it's over in a few minutes after training.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/05/07, 02:23 AM
I'm finding out it may be do to poor breathing habits during these lifts!

--------------
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/05/17, 11:19 AM
Well I think it was that I was overloading myself and taxing the crap out of my system!

Going heavy to much is what I think I was doing because this week I have started the Bill Stars 5x5 altered to suite my needs and I'm fine even after 3 days of squats and 1 day of deads.

I really like this program except I don't start 4 weeks below my 5 rep max I start week 1 at my max and I added and changed the assistance work as I like to hit calves, traps and rear delts once per week.

Instead of barbell curls I do weighted Chins.

I plan on going 12 weeks and then take a off week and mixing things up every 6 and if that becomes to much we will go 10 weeks or 8 if needed.

I do stick with the big lifts as is but will mix up squats with the plate loading hack sleds and front squats doing wide on Mondays and Friday close on Wednesday. 6 weeks on 1 and then 6 on another then rest.

Rows I'll switch up from Hammer Seated, T-Bar, Lying T-Bar and good old fashion Barbell Row varieties 6 weeks on 1 and then 6 on another then rest.

Unbelievable how you break through a plateau by ramping up the weight instead of a steady stream of heavy lifting!

--------------