Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Help with sore muscles :(

althor74
althor74
United States
2008/05/02, 06:19 PM
I am 33 years old and in good shape. I workout regularly 2-4 times per week lifting weights. I take supplements on a daily basis including: whey protein, creatine, glutamine, dextrose/maltodextine, multivitimin, vitC, vitE, and liver tabs.

My problem rose recently when I starting playing on a flag football team :) My first game went fine. However at my second game I had *massive* cramps in my legs and strained my right thigh when trying to cut once. I could hardly walk after that game. I was not properly hydrated, hadn't eaten enough, and hadn't taken a few supplements over the weekend. I was still slightly sore going into my third game, but I made sure I had taken all my supplements and had plenty of water, food and a sports drink for the game. I had slight cramps in the 3rd game. The first few days afterwards were just fine. However this Thursday and Friday I've woken up with very tender leg muscles and I'm worried if I'll be able to play this weekend. I have not done legs (lifting) in the past 2 weeks.

I am trying to get more sleep, preparing to add some ZMA, some BCAA, and some NO2. What more should I be considering? Am I missing something? Thanks for any advice.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/05/02, 07:11 PM
Stay hydrated. I'm not sure what all the extra supplements will be good for, but if you want to try them go ahead. Sounds like you also need to do some dynamic stretching as a warm-up before the game and some stretching afterwards. As a football coach, we're always telling our guys to stay hydrated, eat right, and not to complain when we do our warm-ups.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
susannedae
susannedae
United States
2008/05/04, 03:52 AM

Try Advocare Nightime Revovery. It helps repair while your sleeping. YOu can get it at www.advocare.com/07021604. It works great for me.
============
Quoting from althor74:

I am 33 years old and in good shape. I workout regularly 2-4 times per week lifting weights. I take supplements on a daily basis including: whey protein, creatine, glutamine, dextrose/maltodextine, multivitimin, vitC, vitE, and liver tabs.

My problem rose recently when I starting playing on a flag football team :) My first game went fine. However at my second game I had *massive* cramps in my legs and strained my right thigh when trying to cut once. I could hardly walk after that game. I was not properly hydrated, hadn't eaten enough, and hadn't taken a few supplements over the weekend. I was still slightly sore going into my third game, but I made sure I had taken all my supplements and had plenty of water, food and a sports drink for the game. I had slight cramps in the 3rd game. The first few days afterwards were just fine. However this Thursday and Friday I've woken up with very tender leg muscles and I'm worried if I'll be able to play this weekend. I have not done legs (lifting) in the past 2 weeks.

I am trying to get more sleep, preparing to add some ZMA, some BCAA, and some NO2. What more should I be considering? Am I missing something? Thanks for any advice.
=============